The Next Gathering
The Radical Routes Winter Gathering
Dates: 16-18 February 2018
Venue:Green Britain Centre, Turbine Way, Swaffham, PE37 7HT
Contact Point for Attendance / Accommodation / Access: Jannine (07804885010) or jannineparry (at) yahoo.co.uk, secondary contact due to Jannine about to give birth is Abi 07340 531506
It is crash space in conference rooms so please bring roll mats and bedding. There is plenty of parking and lots of space for living vehicles. If you have additional needs please let us know. It is a great space with lots of rooms to meet in. There is 100 seater theatre, access to projectors and a turbine to climb up. We will be sharing the some of the centre with the general public on Friday night and Saturday daytime but the conference spaces will be exclusively ours. There will be music on Friday and Saturday night. There should be free turbine tours, when you fill in the booking form if you could register your interest that would be great.
We are asking people to fill in the below google form so we know who is coming: https://goo.gl/forms/v19A4OG8ty1mzSTg2
The Green Britain Centre is on the X1 route that goes from Peterborough to Lowestoft buses run every 30 mins Friday and Saturday daytime and hourly in the evenings and on Sundays If you are coming by train it is easier to go to Kings Lynn or Norwich as the X1 stops at both these places. There might be options for collection from Downham Market train station but that is 14 miles from the centre so may be easier to catch the bus.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU TELL US IF YOU ARE BRINGING CHILDREN.
The kid’s space is being run at the gathering by the Kids Working Group. Please let us and the venue know if you‘re coming so they know numbers. Email Kids group contact: radicalrouteskids (at) googlegroups.com with the following details:
1. name of child(ren) and carer and contact details
2. age of child(ren)
3. dietary requirements (beyond vegan)
4. other accessibility needs
5. which days you would like childcare 3
6. Roaming Range / supervision requirements e.g.(I want my child to stay in kids space/can roam in the venue unsupervised/can go anywhere they like unsupervised)
7. which coop you are from We try to plan lots of great activities for kids including trips out and creative games. We always hope to spend time doing fun activities outdoors so it would be good to bring wet weather gear and wellies. Food & snacks will be kid friendly & vegan (and we will try and provide extra things if your child(ren) has other specialdiet requirements.
Volunteer Recruitment Procedure We have some safety checks for volunteers who are going to be with the kids at gatherings. They are: 1. Referencing System Potential volunteers must provide 2 of the following 3 thing below by email to the safeguarding officer (lukejusticetilley (at) gmail.com):
● Reference from someone from another Radical Routes Co-op
● An up-to-date Safeguarding/ DBS certificate
● A reference from a non-family member (A reference is a short message from the person explaining how they know you and why they have confidence in your safe participation in a kids space.) We will provide a form for this
2. Names in the agenda - The names of volunteers for each gathering will be sent out with the agenda for that gathering. If new volunteers sign up after the agenda deadline, we will contact parents who have requested childcare to let them know. If anyone has a concern about one of the volunteers in relation to their suitability to work with kids we ask that they raise it in advance. We will take it seriously and treat it with the strictest confidentiality